The Footprint Trust is urging forward thinking conservationists to back the appeal for Wind Turbines at Cheverton Down.
The suggested letter of support…
I SUPPORT WIND POWER ON THE ISLAND
To: The Footprint Trust. Riverside Centre, The Quay,
Newport, Isle of Wight. PO30 2QR.
From: Your name and address
Re: Appeal reference numbers APP/P2114/A/10/2125561/NWF
Three wind turbines at Cheverton Down, Cheverton Shute, Shorwell
I am writing to you to express my support for the above appeal to erect three wind turbines at Cheverton Down on the Isle of Wight.
The reasons for my support are
1. They will be a valuable contribution towards the reduction of our carbon footprint
2. They will support the economy of the Island by sustaining existing companies and potentially bringing new businesses involved in renewable energy technology
3. They could provide an educational resource on the Island
4. They could provide a tourist attraction on the Island
5. There is already planning permission for three smaller turbines on this site. The new turbines will give ten times more output and are located further away from the village of Shorwell.
6. They will be part of the skyline which already has two TV masts nearby, one of which is almost double the height of the turbines
I believe we need these onshore wind turbines at Cheverton Down and that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks and therefore fully support the appeal.