We help people use their energy and water wisely, keeping them warm and well, saving them money and cutting carbon. We will visit anyone on the Isle of Wight and offer practical help and guidance. People can also chat to us on our helpline, or email us, for information.
We very much welcome sponsorship and donations to support our work on the Isle of Wight. This can be done in a number of ways;
- Donate at CAF Online by simply clicking the donate button on our web pages.
- Purchase one of our organic Isle of Wight Rapanui T-shirts https://footprinttrust.teemill.com/product/in-step-with-the-planet/
- Use this search engine to raise money for our charity, at no cost to yourself…. http://footprinttrust.easysearch.org.uk/
By using easysearch instead of Google or any other search engine, you can make a real difference. easysearch is completely FREE and by making just 10 searches a day, you could raise around £20 a year for to your chosen cause.
- You can send a cheque made payable to ‘The Footprint Trust’ to our postal address: The Riverside Centre, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight, UK, PO30 2QR. Giftaid form for posted donations.
- Donate for Free – Buy through the Easyfundraising site and up to 15% of whatever you spend comes directly to us at no extra cost. Sign up at http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/footprinttrust
- Supporters club – you can donate £20 a month to help us help the fuel poor again by using the donate button.
- If you buy on Amazon, then at no extra cost to you, you can nominate The Footprint Trust to get a donation every time you shop…
Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to the charitable organisation of your choice.
- Business sponsorship – through our annual Riverfest celebration event and other activities!
- Grant funding – We are always looking for innovative ways to work with grant funders, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities
Rubbish ways of supporting us!
Help us stamp out fuel poverty…
The Footprint Trust is a local charity that helps Islanders who are struggling with their energy bills, and old postage stamps could raise £25,000 if we can collect a tonne of them! (Leave 1cm, ½ inch of paper around stamp. Albums and FDC also wanted)Place in envelope marked for, The Footprint Trust, and drop into the Riverside Centre, Newport Quay, or Newport and Sandown LibrariesPlease contact us if your school, workplace or organisation would like to collect too..
- Ink Cartridges
We send to be recycled, all brands of print and inkjet cartridges.
These can be dropped off at the Riverside Centre, Newport and Sandown libraries.
We can collect from businesses however, we ask that they are placed in large boxes, (not in rubbish sacks and they split). Due to their low value, and to make every journey as green as possible, we collect a minimum of 40 at a time. We ask that businesses make a donation to reflect some of the money saved from not paying for disposal.
- Old money
Coins and notes of all currencies old and modern are very welcome…
Please donate; broken jewellery, old mechanical watches, odd earrings, rings, necklaces, mayoral chains and other bling…
Please check with charities before donating anything, leaving us with unwanted clutter means we have to pay to get rid of it…
Please contact us if your school, workplace or organisation would like to collect…