Green Island Grant
The Green Island Grant gave a great opportunity for Isle of Wight households to cut energy bills, keep warmer and reduce their impact on the environment.
The Isle of Wight Council made a successful application to the Local Authority Delivery scheme and was been awarded £500,000 by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to support and improve the energy performance of eligible Island homes.
The IW Council teamed up with the local Footprint Trust charity to deliver the project and help people through the process of applying for this local grant. They were looking for owner occupiers and landlords who would like their properties to have a green makeover. The total grant available was up to £10,000 per household, and landlords could get a two thirds subsidy of up to a maximum of £5,000 per property.
This went on to fund; insulation, a green heating system such as a heat pump, draught proofing, double glazing, solar panels and other energy efficiency measures.
Eligible households must have had;
- A combined income of less than £30,000 per year
- An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F or G
The Green Island Grant provided funding for a range of energy efficiency measures including, but not limited to;
- solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation
- air source or ground source heat pump
- solar thermal
- double or secondary glazing, when replacing single glazing
- upgrading to energy efficient doors
- hot water tank/appliance tank thermostats/heating controls
- biomass boilers
- The installation or repair of fossil fuel heating systems (gas, oil, LPG, coal) were not permitted under this grant scheme.
All applications by 15th June, all approved works to be carried out by 31 August 2021.
For more detailed information please call The Footprint Trust on 01983 822282.
If you would like to get in touch to talk about the Green Island Grant, and other help that might be available to reduce your energy bills and cut CO2.
email The Footprint Trust; email@example.com
Or call or text on 01983 822282
You can also write to us at;
The Footprint Trust
The Riverside Centre, Newport Quay, Isle of Wight PO30 2QR.
Please note that visits to our office are not permitted due to Covid restrictions at time of publishing. October 2020.
revised Sept 2021