The local Footprint Trust charity has welcomed the surprising news that thousands of low-income Isle of Wight households are to benefit from the government’s Cost of Living support package, announced by the Chancellor last Thursday (26th May 2022)
The Footprint Trust is a small, but very effective local registered charity. Chances are you have heard of them, possibly because they have assisted a family member, friend or neighbour to cut their utility bill, or obtained free insulation for their home.
The Trust’s work has expanded dramatically over the past two years, due to increased levels of hardship due to Covid job-losses, followed by exorbitant energy price increases.
To cope with the massive increase in its work the Trust is looking for a projects manager to oversee and report on the all the work the charity does. This role will involve liaising with funders and the board of the Trust. They will also be training in giving energy guidance to the growing number of people who are contacting the charity for help and information on utility worries.
Do you have these skills?
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with funders throughout application and delivery of projects
- Developing and maintaining accurate records and reports to funders
- Managing the service delivery of providing energy guidance to Island households
- Staff management including: staff planning, feedback and communication with the energy team
- Keeping clear and accurate finance and budget records
- Providing home energy guidance to clients via phone help, home visits and outreach
- Co-ordinating press and advertising activity to promote project aims
- Communication with charity board members
- Promoting Footprint Trust at outreach and events with partner organisations
- Willingness to work flexible hours including: more hours over busy period (winter), less over summer, and occasional weekends and evenings
(with prior agreement)
- Be prepared to work from our office or from home
- Post subject to positive DBS check, if required
- Be educated to at least HND level*
For full detail of this post please email us email@example.com
We will send application form, please do not send CV’s.
Applications to be received by 30th June 2022.
The Footprint Trust Ltd is an educational charity. Registered Charity No. 1106024 (2004) Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 04587815 (2002)
Registered address; The Riverside Centre, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 2QR. UK.