Cash low? Cash flow!

Do not make a choice ‘heat’ or ‘eat’ – continue to buy healthy food for your family, and contact your Utility Company.

If you are struggling to pay your energy bills then contact your power company and explain the problem. Let them know if you have elderly or vulnerable people in your home.

If you are in receipt of certain benefits and allowances you may get a £140 discount on your electricity bill. Contact your energy supplier and ask about the Warm Home Discount Scheme

If you are in debt or just having difficulties with cash flow then contact the UK or call them free on 0808 808 4000
This helpline provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.

The government has set up a one-stop shop to help people manage their finances – it’s independent, doesn’t sell anything, and is available online, over the phone or face to face…   Tel: 0300 500 5000.

Locally you can also contact the Citizens Advice Bureaux for guidance on a wide range of issues:

Benefits Check-up – Take 5 mins to calculate what you’re entitled to…

Young families
Other organisations such as Homestart and your local Children’s Centres can assist families with young children.